Help us to make a difference in the lives of Girls and increase the number of Women in the Drone Industry through education and mentorship.
We strive to Increase the number of Girls and Young Women pursuing careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) through the use of Drones.
Our mission is to engage with girls in Middle School and spark curiosity for
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) through the use of Drones
Accelerated Tech Solutions also has a test prep APP available for the FAA'S Remote Pilot 107 Certification. This will allow women to take their skills to the next level by becoming a professional Drone pilot.
Frequently asked questions
1) Is this course available for boys as well?
Answer: This program is available as a gender diverse STEM course for middle school students.
2) How much time is required to complete the program (or training)? Is there a set schedule the student needs to adhere to?
Answer: The program contains four modules of one week each for a total of four weeks. This includes weekly virtual group meetings.
3) Is the program entirely self-paced or will participants be required to attend instruction sessions or lectures (whether online or in person)?
Answer: The course can be delivered as a self-paced or instructor led course. We are finding that students are not doing as well with self paced courses and work out better with a schedule and time commitments.
4) Will the student receive any 1:1 instruction?
Answer: The classes will run in groups of 20 students and include weekly scheduled group meetings. The instructor is available if a student has a problem or question.
5) Will a student need to travel anywhere to participate? If so, how often and with whom?
Answer: In the local evaluation classes, there might be a case where the students could gather for an introductory and/or final class but the project is meant to bring girls together from geographically diverse places.
6) What are the technical requirements to participate? Does the student need a smartphone? A computer? Tablet? Other equipment? Are particular specifications required on any of these devices? Answer: The student will need a way to access the online portion of the course by any device available. Most instruction is in pdf forms that can be printed all at once. Printed material can be provided, but that would limit the access the student would have to the rest of the class and instructor.
7) Is Internet access required to participate? Wireless service?
Answer: The student will need a way to access the online portion of the course by any device available. Printed material can be provided, but that would limit the access the student would have to the rest of the cohort and instructor.
8) How much parental oversight/involvement is expected?
Answer: We will provide a learning contract that outlines the parent and student responsibilities. Ideally, parent participation is key. But we are looking for students who have or who can develop initiative and responsibility. Parent oversight can help develop these skills. Family situations may not support parental participation. On the other hand, student’s teaching siblings, parents, and friends is a great bonus.
9) What grade-level is the instructional material? What is the skill level required to participate?
Does the student need to have any prior knowledge of drones and/or drone operation?
Answer: Basic understanding of 6th grade English with no prior knowledge or skills of Drones.
10) Is there a test or formal certification required to complete the program?
Answer: There are module quizzes at the end of each section along with badge awards and a cumulative test at the end of the course with formal certificates.
11) How much does it cost to participate? Are scholarships or financial assistance available?
Answer: ATS has a tiered pricing system depending on the organizations or individual requirements:
Tier 1: Kits, curriculum and group instruction provided by ATS
Price: $750 per student
Tier 2: Kits and self-paced curriculum provided (Teach the Teacher course price $500 per teacher):
Price: $500 per student
Tier 3: Kit list (available from Amazon), and curriculum (Teach the Teacher course price $500 per teacher)
Price: $250 per student
ATS is seeking funding/sponsor opportunities for scholarships.
For more information contact:
Accelerated Tech Solutions LLC
The 1000 drones for 1000 girl’s mission is to empower middle school girls by providing them with the tools, comprehensive curriculum and ongoing support to inspire an interest in STEM via drone technology.